Asking Questions Is Okay!



He who asks a question remains a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask remains a fool forever. - Chinese Proverb


In my last blog post, I wrote about my struggles with imposter syndrome and how it affects me as an intern and professional. This week, I'm going to discuss one of my biggest "fears": asking questions. 

I've never had a problem asking questions in the classroom. In fact, I'm pretty much known for asking questions. When it comes to asking questions in the workspace, I'm always nervous. I believe this stems from my bad case of imposter syndrome and the feeling that I should know the answer to these questions. 

One thing that has helped me over the past few weeks is recognizing that internships are about learning and growing. No one should ever get upset at you for asking clarification, especially during an internship. Internships are the perfect time to ask questions, learn from your mistakes, and grow as an individual.  Asking questions is okay! 

Comments